UTS takeover biggest privatization deal ever in Dutch Caribbean

Tjarda Tazelaar - dealmaker voor VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne

WILLEMSTAD, CURACAO — Cable & Wireless Communications, part of the Liberty Latin America listed on NASDAQ Global Select Market, has acquired all shares in United Telecommunication Services held by the Country of Curaçao. The interest sold by the seller concerns 87.5% of the total number of outstanding shares in UTS. The remaining 12.5% is More...

by The Publisher | Published 3 weeks ago
UTS Management in Parliament - 20 Feb 2019
By The Publisher On Thursday, February 21st, 2019
0 Comments

“Don’t send UTS to the cemetery”

PHILIPSBURG – “Make sure that you don’t send UTS to the cemetery and let it function as a real private company.” That was the message UTS-director Glen Carty had for members of the central committee More...

TelEm Group building
By The Publisher On Tuesday, October 30th, 2018
0 Comments

TelEm emergency shutdown shot down by BTP

POND ISLAND — Telem Group announced Monday, October 29, 2018, that they would be shutting down their communications network for important upgrades to the system. The maintenance window for these urgent upgrades More...

TelEm Group building
By The Publisher On Sunday, July 22nd, 2018
0 Comments

TelEm Group rejects BTP fines of alleged poor service SXM Cable TV

POND ISLAND — TelEm Group says it is taking “very seriously” the actions being taken by the Bureau of Telecommunications and Post (BTP) to impose fines on the company for allegedly not providing adequate More...

St. Maarten Cable TV building
By The Publisher On Wednesday, July 18th, 2018
0 Comments

Hefty fines imposed to Sint Maarten Cable TV – revocation of license looms

Philipsburg – Bureau Telecommunications and Post St. Maarten (BTP) imposed administrative fines on Caribbean Teleview Services d.b.a. St. Maarten Cable TV for substantial license violations. For over 10 months More...

St. Maarten Cable TV building
By The Publisher On Thursday, June 7th, 2018
0 Comments

Cable TV employees battle dismissal

PHILIPSBURG – Sixteen employees of St. Maarten Cable TV are fighting for their jobs, but its parent company Caribbean Teleview Services NV wants to dissolve their labor contracts. The Court in First Instance More...

Hilbert Haar
By The Publisher On Friday, May 18th, 2018
0 Comments

An app for hearing better

By Hilbert Haar Here is a story for people like me whose ability to hear is going down the tubes. At age 68, my hearing is not what it used to be. Sometimes, my wife has to ask me something three times before I More...

Cybersecurity depiction image3
By The Publisher On Tuesday, May 8th, 2018
0 Comments

Cyber Security defense force to set up camp at USM

“Start a career in cyber security in St. Maarten” says Greg Arrindell PHILIPSBURG — Local businessman and radio personality Greg Arrindell is encouraging people to get into the field of cyber security. More...

St. Maarten Cable TV building
By The Publisher On Monday, March 12th, 2018
0 Comments

SXM Cable TV: A Cinderella Story or The Case of The Mass Miscommunications?

In 2013 the court case was pretty much straightforward. Management wanted to have two separate agreements. One CLA for the management team and a separate CLA for the workers. Documents to substantiate their preference More...

Telem building
By The Publisher On Monday, March 12th, 2018
0 Comments

TelEm Group reports equipment failure Monday, services now restored

Pond Island– TelEm Group telecommunication services to residential and business customers was interrupted Monday afternoon following an unexpected failure of network equipment. At approximately 3.00 pm Monday More...